Send mail to us at
P.O. Box 46, Glastonbury, CT 06033
Visit us at
1944 Main St., Glastonbury, CT 06033
Historic Buildings surrounded by beautiful grounds with trees, shrubs and gardens, both the Museum on the Green and the Welles-Shipman-Ward Property provide a gracious setting for small private or corporate gatherings.
Both Properties are operated by the Historical Society of Glastonbury, Inc., a non-profit organization.
The Museum on the Green is located on the corner of Main and Hubbard Streets at 1944 Main Street in Glastonbury and the Welles-Shipman-Ward House and Property are located at 972 Main Street in South Glastonbury.
Capacity and Season
The Properties can accommodate small gatherings of 50-75 people. Because its authentic characteristics make heating problematic, the Welles-Shipman-Ward House Property is available for use May 1thru October 15.
An executed rental contract guarantees the exclusive use of the specified property. Only one event is scheduled per day. A member of the Historical Society Staff will be present to oversee the function.
· The renting parties must be sensitive to the historic nature of the buildings, their contents, exhibits and surrounding grounds.
· The Historical Society of Glastonbury reserves the right to veto any activities that may be a danger to participants or staff or that may be damaging to structures and their contents, exhibits or surrounding grounds.
· Renters must comply with the Town of Glastonbury’s ordinances and be respectful of our neighbors during the event.
· Rental items must be removed in a timely manor.
· Food and beverage for the event must be provided and served by a caterer and/or bartender that you have selected and hired for such purpose. The HSG is not undertaking, directly or indirectly, to sell, furnish or serve any food or beverage. The HSG reserves the right to approve all caterers. The HSG does not assume any liability occurring to you from the rental of the properties.
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth above, the HSG guarantees the availability of the property of your choice. Please review the contract stipulations to ensure that they accurately reflect your requirements.
For more information please contact the HSG Property Event Rental Committee at 860.633.6890